EDI 832: Price/Sales Catalog
The EDI 832 price/catalog document is used to electronically request or provide the prices of goods or services in the form of a catalog. Suppliers use EDI 832 document as an e-catalog to deliver the full catalog of their products and pricing electronically.
EDI 832 also known as x12 832 price/sales catalog.
Benefits of using EDI 832 price/sale catalog
Benefits of using EDI 832 are:
• Gain operating efficiencies by reducing paperwork
• Reduce data entry cost
• Save administration time by automating the receipt/submission of price/sale catalog information
Key data elements include:
• Identifying number
• Product description detail, consistent with category norms
• Unit price and taxation detail
• Unit of measurement
• Product item identifiers/services such as UPC/EAN/GTIN
• Date of transmission, reflecting the time at which document is accurate
Automate EDI 832 price/sale catalog with EDI by Design