EDI 211: Motor Carrier Bill of Lading
The EDI 211 Motor Carrier Bill of Lading is an electronic version of a paper motor carrier bill of lading, transmitted from a shipper (or a company controlling the shipment) to a carrier.
These document transaction sets are part of a board carrier notification and shipment processing transaction family of EDI documents that supports the movements of large commercial goods such as the automotive industry.
Benefits of using EDI 211 motor carrier bill of lading
There are benefits to both the shipper and the carrier in the trading of the motor carrier bill of electronically. Some key data elements of motor carrier bill of lading include:
• Scheduling Information
• Shipping instructions such as carrier service, shipment/delivery rate
• Equipment requirements, quantity and price per item, street address, city, state and zip code
• Freight class, weight, number of pieces, pallets and purchase order numbers.
Other Benefits include:
• Automation of manual, routine, high volume communications
• Reduction or even elimination of data entry errors by carriers
• More accurate data in motor carrier freight details and invoice(EDI 210) and transportation carrier shipment status document (EDI 214) messages
• The ability for employees can gain more time to focus on more profitable tasks and providing better customer services.
Automate EDI 211 with EDI by Design