EDI 857: Shipment and Billing Notice
The EDI 857 is primarily used in grocery industry to communicate shipment details and invoice details and invoice information. EDI 857 shipment and billing notice is a part of shipping process and only supported by UCS guidelines.
The EDI 857 conveys all data related to the shipped order and invoice details needed for the receiving and accounting staff at the retailer process the order.
Benefits of using EDI 857 shipment and billing notice:
Benefits of using EDI 857 shipment and billing notice include:
• Communicate shipment information to facilitate receiving at the retailer’s distribution center
• Provides delivery dates of the shipment
• Details the item, quantities and packs shipped
• Conveys billing information needed to process payment
Key data element includes:
• vendor number
• address information
• item information
• shipping manifest information
• price and billing information
Automate EDI 857 shipment and billing notice with EDI by Design